The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) has confirmed to date (19.02.2020), 46 cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in South Korea.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Portuguese Embassy in Seoul advises citizens to follow the following prevention measures reported by the KCDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- For more information on the subject given by South Korean authorities, you can consult the following website: https://www.cdc.go.kr/cdc_eng/
- WHO (World Health Organization) - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for the public https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Patients with COVID-19 have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness. Symptoms can include:
- Sore throat;
- Respiratory distress;
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure. If you have been in China within the past 2 weeks and develop symptoms, call the following number: 1339.